The Livery Hall
The Livery Hall was enlarged to its present size by Herbert Williams in the 1860s. The twenty-eight marble columns provide ideal spaces for the display of the Company’s collection of royal portraits including King William III by Sir Godfrey Kneller, George III by Sir Nathanial Dance and George IV by Sir Thomas Lawrence.  
Richard Belt’s statue Hypatia and a copy of John Gibson’s The Tinted Venus, both purchased in the 1890s, grace the north end of the room. 
 
In 1901 the Company commissioned Herbert Draper, a neo-classical painter who had recently been awarded a gold medal by the Royal Academy, to create paintings for the Livery Hall ceiling panels. These were produced between 1903 and 1910. 
 
The Company was at first uncertain whether the artist’s choice – scenes from The Tempest and A Midsummer’s Night’s Dream was appropriate but the artist persevered and completed the remaining space with representations of History, Science, Ethics and Literature.
 
Dining at Drapers’ Hall
The tradition that the members of the Company dine together dates from 1371 when it was ordained that 'the brotherhood shall hold their feasts wheresoever they shall agree in common'
 
The Livery Hall forms the heart of Drapers’ Hall and it is here that the most important Company events are held: three Livery Dinners, Spring-time concerts, receptions after the City New Year Service and the Election Service and the Summer Entertainment. 
 
The Livery Hall can be used for all types of events, from dinners to concerts and cocktail parties to formal lectures.