This room dates in part from the rebuilding of 1667-71, although it was thoroughly renovated in 1869. At that time the ceiling painting of Jason and The Golden Fleece by Felix-Joseph Barrias was installed and the ceiling cove was filled with the coats of arms of members of the Court of 1868-9.
Two magnificent Gobelin silk woven tapestries hang in the room. They were made in the reign of King Louis XV of France and were purchased by the Company in 1881. They depict two episodes from the Legend of the Golden Fleece. Two others from the same set hang in the Court Room.
Over the chimney-piece hangs the portrait of Her Majesty The Queen by Sergei Pavlenko. This portrait was commissioned in 1998 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Her Majesty’s admission to the Freedom of the Company. The Queen honoured the Company by unveiling the portrait on 1st November 2000.
A long-case timepiece commissioned from Daniel Quare (the inventor of the repeating mechanism) in 1715 stands in the room.