The Drapers’ Company has evolved over the years to achieve a new relevance through its philanthropic work. We regularly review our approach to grant making to ensure our activities remain suitable for the modern world and make a real difference to the lives of people in the 21st century.
We concentrate on five broad themes. Please note that the first two categories listed below receive the vast majority of funding:
• Education and training, for example, support for affiliated educational institutions, increasing student inclusiveness, promotion of the study of science, outreach and leadership programmes.
• Relief of need, particularly in the areas of homelessness, social exclusion, prisoners, ex-servicemen, older people and adult disability.
• Textiles (technical textiles/smart materials and conservation,).
• Projects in Draperstown and Moneymore, Northern Ireland, where the Drapers’ Company has historic links.
• Preservation of the nation’s heritage and support of public access to the arts for young people.
By fully engaging with the problems and challenges faced by many in contemporary society, the Drapers’ Company continues its honourable and lengthy tradition of supporting, encouraging and helping those in need.
Our Grant Making Trusts
You are welcome to apply for funds from the following trusts: